Benefits: Amazing opportunity to grow and develop your career in a hot and highly in-demand skill area of cybersecurity. Training will be provided in several cutting-edge cybersecurity products. Opportunity to travel and meet clients and partners. Flexible work environment.
Location: Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto
Interview Times: We have interview times for the third and fourth week of October. The hiring manager is targeting a start date at the end of October. This opportunity will move quickly!
Who We Are: KeyData (www.keydata.ca) is a leader in cybersecurity services, offering consulting/advisory services, systems integration services, managed services, and training services. KeyData specializes in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) and assessments focused on regulatory compliance requirements and best practices. We work with a broad range of Fortune 500 clients across all industry sectors, including but not limited to financial, insurance, healthcare, government, telecom, energy, and power.
IT Security Consultant: Responsibilities
- Work with customers to install and configure our identity management products.
- Take training, achieve certifications and conduct research for all of our product partners.
- Resolve customer technical issues for all of our supported products, starting with the CyberArk product suite.
- Be prepared to work remotely from home, and at customer sites across Canada.
- Participate with managed services team to provide 24/7 support for the customers.
- Configure and maintain our lab environment.
- Work in a distributed team.
- Diploma, Bachelor or master’s Degree in computer science, Software Engineering, Information Technology and Security, or equivalent.
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than 3.3)
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux server administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic Information Security and Network Architecture concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- French speaking is preferred
- Ability to go above and beyond to deliver excellence in customer service.
- Quick learner with a demonstrated ability to be a self-starter.
- Software Development Experience is preferred.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 24/7 support for the customers.
- Some travel to customer sites within Canada will be required.
- Experience with core Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and collaborative tools (SharePoint) a plus.
- 5-10 years uninterrupted residence in Canada with no criminal record, for secret clearance eligibility.